- What is BOSIET?
- BOSIET stands for Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency Training. This OPITO course enables delegates to gain a basic knowledge of specific safety issues relevant to offshore installations and an understanding of emergency response on an offshore installation as well as during helicopter transit. It is a requirement to attend the course before going offshore for the first time. The BOSIET course lasts 3 days and expires 4 years after the issue date.
- What is FOET?
- FOET stands for Further Offshore Emergency Training. All delegates must have an in-date BOSIET/FOET certificate or equivalent (recognised under the mutual recognition agreement) to be able to register for this course, also known as the offshore survival refresher. It lasts 1 day and expires 4 years after the issue date. Delegates are given further training to enhance and complement their existing knowledge of the hazards encountered when working on offshore installations.
- What is MIST?
- Minimum Industry Safety Training is an OPITO approved introductory safety training course. It is structured to introduce the essential safety elements of the offshore oil & gas industry, giving an appreciation of the potential hazards and various controls that may be encountered by personnel offshore.
- What is Universal Survival?
- This refers to a BOSIET or FOET course which carries the added element of escape systems training, i.e. training on the skyscape, to allow the certificate issued to be mutually recognised in Norway and other European sectors.
- What is RGIT?
- Some people still refer to their survival certificate as their RGIT. This is in reference to the Robert Gordon Institute of Technology that used to run the survival courses decades ago. It does not exist anymore and its operations were since taken over by a commercial training provider.
- What is OPITO?
- OPITO the Oil and Gas Academy is owned by our industry. It is the industry’s focal point for skills, training and workforce development. It is a self-sustaining, employer and trade union led organisation committed to developing and sustaining a safe, skilled and effective workforce now and in the future. OPITO charges £25 (+VAT) for every certificate issued, which is a cost we have to add to our fees.
Gazprom keeps optimizing Shtokman field development project
The Gazprom Board of Directors took note of the information concerning the progress with the Shtokman gas and condensate field ...
Petrolia announces $1.0 million bought private placement
Peacutetrolia TSX VENTUREPEA announce that it has entered into an agreement with Laurentian Bank Securities Inc the quotUnderwriterquot pursuant to ...